• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

South Africa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cykophysh39
    Yeah, I know, this concept that only one group of people should belong to one piece of earth, is totally the reason why this planet is in the state it is. The concept that anyone of us is superior to the other is the disease that they call humanity.

How can any of us proclaim to be righteous enough to own any square millimetre of this planet, just because we are of a certain colour, race or religous belief. When all you have to do is look at the stars in the sky, and you see how really insignificant we are in the universe.

If there is a god, he wouldn't of made us in his own image, the entire human race is just one big joke!
    Look at it the other way - what benefit do you gain from living within a tribe/clan/city state/nation as opposed to existing as a nomad just wandering around the planet.

Security, the rule of law, land ownership (so the crops you plant in the ground can be called 'yours')

People have and will always continue to group along ethnic lines in order to achieve those things not possible with a nomadic culture.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sadly I think SA has got to go that way before it will get any better. Although many will say, it is an economic powerhouse, and it has infrastructure , blah, blah. These arguments mean nothing.
      South Africa will go the same route as the rest of Africa only at a slower pace.

South Africa, after all is only another african state, and history tells us the direction how these states go. Robert Mugabe is not a unique figure. His policies are not unique within africa.

Africa is a melting pot of many cultures and races. Although the injustices of a colonial past are the most recent wounds that need to heel, There are wounds that have cut Africa deeper than that, and it is these wounds that will need to heal, before she will rise.
      Yes exactly, I was about to post something similar.
      It makes me nauseous to hear Ken Livingstone harp on about Nelson Mandela freeing South Africa from racial prejudice and turning it into some multicultural utopia, when you just know how its going to end up eventually.
      They've had a good run with property prices in the nice areas haven't they? But if I owned anything out there I'd certainly liquidate all my SA assets prior to the World Cup. Haven't they tried to suppress all the reports about violent crime out there? People getting skinned alive etc..

I wonder how exactly they'll achieve the redistribution of land and property, perhaps some crippling inheritance tax for whiteys so their kids are forced to relinquish the parents homes to "the state" ie corrupt govt officials and their families.
      20 years from now we'll see charity appeals for the starving in one of the worlds richest countries according to mineral deposits.
      Last edited by GreenerGrass; 28 May 2007, 08:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        as opposed to what? an unretarded cretin? do you even know the meaning of the words you bandy about?
        Your little gobtulipe mouth is full of vitriol; be silent rather than confirm your stupidity
        Cretinism may come about because of mental retardation (it's original sense) or simply by not being very bright (it's modern usage). I don't know which it is with you.
        I will also leave it up to the esteemed forum members to judge our relative stupidity.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The non-believer is usually spelt with a single f - kafir or less frequently kaffur

The original useage of kaffir was to describe the majority of the natives of S.A.

HTH
          And the reason why it was used to describe natives of S.A. was not because the mulims enjoyed their company for afternoon tea.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuffaar
          & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafir

Comment

Yeah, I know, this concept that only one group of people should belong to one piece of earth, is totally the reason why this planet is in the state it is.
            true
            All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Look at it the other way - what benefit do you gain from living within a tribe/clan/city state/nation as opposed to existing as a nomad just wandering around the planet.

Security, the rule of law, land ownership (so the crops you plant in the ground can be called 'yours')

People have and will always continue to group along ethnic lines in order to achieve those things not possible with a nomadic culture.
              Nomadic cultures worked just fine, they just didn't stand a chance against greedy people.
              All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
                Nomadic cultures worked just fine, they just didn't stand a chance against greedy people.
                yes nomadic cultures worked fine because when they moved, the entire community moved together. Community and culture breaks down due in part too much movement of individuals into and out of the community (till there are no more common roots). I think that's what has happened pretty much everywhere and it's a fairly recent thing (last 100 years mostly).

Comment

The non-believer is usually spelt with a single f - kafir or less frequently kaffur

The original useage of kaffir was to describe the majority of the natives of S.A.

HTH
                  Its from the same orginal concept. And the word was orginally to describe native africans long before RSA even existed. The Muslim slave traders used it give or take and "f" or two.

Anyway I know what it means. Judging by your first contribution to this thread, you little surf around wikipedia will enlighten you slightly
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Not true. As someone said above, you plant crops, you tend them, you should have them. Not some "nomad" who turns up as they ripen.

And there you have the basis for nationhood.

Comment

I’m not sure if you are being serious here..the only (original) greedy people would be other nomadic tribes - i.e. raiding crops, stealing livestock etc!

Constantly moving to access new grazing pastures is a wasteful expenditure of energy and resources, moving may or may not take you to better lands or water supply, but the act of moving expends energy and burns bulk off your cattle - all a bit hit & miss.

It's far more efficient to coral your livestock (making them easier to guard), guarantee your water supply by dams or reservoirs and introduce crop rotation for your plants or grazing land

But all of this requires ownership of the land.....
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X