• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

South Africa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunnysan
    hence the spawning of the concept of a "white kaffir", which would describe a person of European origin with no social standing, manners and of very limited intellect.
    You mean an Australian?

I like Saffers, they know their country is ultimately f*cked, they come here and contribute to our economy and provide valuable skills.
    They are role model economic migrants who actually integrate with our society.
    Have you ever heard of a South African on a council house waiting list?

I still love that Harry Enfield character though.

Comment

To assume that every South African to be a grudge bearing racist and appreciable of meaningless insults of his character, is similar to assuming that every e british person is a council house dwelling chav.

I'll let you work out what I mean.
      Last edited by cykophysh39; 27 May 2007, 15:37.
      threenine.co.uk
      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

South Africans

South Africa is not really f*kced, although I will concede that it has vastly more serious socio-economic problems than the UK.

If you prepared to put up with the sh1t there, the quality of life is pretty good.

Future prospects are good, it is the economic powerhouse of Africa, whether the whiteys will share the prosperity is another story.
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
          You mean an Australian?

I still love that Harry Enfield character though.
          Aussies are great, I think every house hold should have one!!

I especially love the Spitting Image song!!!
          threenine.co.uk

Comment

South Africa is not really f*kced, although I will concede that it has vastly more serious socio-economic problems than the UK.

If you prepared to put up with the sh1t there, the quality of life is pretty good.

Future prospects are good, it is the economic powerhouse of Africa, whether the whiteys will share the prosperity is another story.
            As I understand it, South Africa is starting the expropriation of lands held by whites. Isn't that where Zimbabwe started too?

Comment

Sadly I think SA has got to go that way before it will get any better. Although many will say, it is an economic powerhouse, and it has infrastructure , blah, blah. These arguments mean nothing.
              South Africa will go the same route as the rest of Africa only at a slower pace.

South Africa, after all is only another african state, and history tells us the direction how these states go. Robert Mugabe is not a unique figure. His policies are not unique within africa.

Africa is a melting pot of many cultures and races. Although the injustices of a colonial past are the most recent wounds that need to heel, There are wounds that have cut Africa deeper than that, and it is these wounds that will need to heal, before she will rise.
              threenine.co.uk

Comment

Indeed

Originally posted by wendigo100
                As I understand it, South Africa is starting the expropriation of lands held by whites. Isn't that where Zimbabwe started too?
                This is true, along with other insiduously rascist policies. which is why I said there is not really any future for white people there. Sad really, as many where born there and have ancestry spanning many hundreds of years who are basically slowly being excluded from the adminstration and political process. What goes around comes around some say.

I had a discussion with a black fellow in some club in central london once. We started talking about how many Saffers where in London, affirmative action in SA etc and he reckoned to me Africa should be for Africans.

I said to him, that on that basis, why dont you **** off back to Africa or doesnt it work both ways?

Needless to say he didnt buy me beer
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

he reckoned to me Africa should be for Africans.

I said to him, that on that basis, why dont you **** off back to Africa or doesnt it work both ways?
                  Yeah, I know, this concept that only one group of people should belong to one piece of earth, is totally the reason why this planet is in the state it is. The concept that anyone of us is superior to the other is the disease that they call humanity.

How can any of us proclaim to be righteous enough to own any square millimetre of this planet, just because we are of a certain colour, race or religous belief. When all you have to do is look at the stars in the sky, and you see how really insignificant we are in the universe.

If there is a god, he wouldn't of made us in his own image, the entire human race is just one big joke!
                  threenine.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    And are you some kind of retarded cretin?
                    as opposed to what? an unretarded cretin? do you even know the meaning of the words you bandy about?
                    Your little gobtulipe mouth is full of vitriol; be silent rather than confirm your stupidity
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

For the record, the word "kaffir" is Arabic for infidel/non-believer and freely used in muslim communities here to describe someone who does not prescribe to the principles of Islam. So in short you are probably as much a kaffir as I am, if you take the original meaning of the word into consideration,

Used in the South African context, it is usually used as an offensive reference to a black person but it also loosely refers to a persons social level, hence the spawning of the concept of a "white kaffir", which would describe a person of European origin with no social standing, manners and of very limited intellect.

The limited intellect aspect of this would also result in the use of ignorant slander(Albeit incorrect) and firmly cement in my mind, that the concept of a "white kaffir" is alive and well in the UK and personified by people like you.

PS My **** is probabaly bigger than yours. I am South African which means I am black from the waist down
                      The non-believer is usually spelt with a single f - kafir or less frequently kaffur

The original useage of kaffir was to describe the majority of the natives of S.A.

HTH
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X