• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Victoria Cross Gurkha denied entry to UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he should be flown over, first class, and given full red carpet treatment on arrival.

poor old sod.

Comment

This stuff really gets my goat.

Good old Tony wants to send all our young soldiers into battle for no reason, but his government won't look after old war hero's who laid thier life on the line for us in the past. It's just sickening, I can't wait to get out of this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
        he should be flown over, first class, and given full red carpet treatment on arrival.

poor old sod.
        Not only that...but move some of the feckless scum out of their cushy council mansions so he can have a house!

Then again, this is the same country that denied some servicemen the right to remain here at the end of their visa's because they had been out of the country for more than 6 months...never mind the fact they had been out of the country fighting for Queen and Country!

Maybe the old codger should have said he was muslim innit?

Mailman

Comment

I went to see me mum last night, and she was really upset about this story in the paper:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html

Apparently an 83yr old Gurkha has been refused permission to come to see out his last few years in the UK with his comrades, for 'not demonstrating close enough ties to the UK'.

He fought for 18 years for us, receiving the VC, and now lives in rural Nepal where he lives in a shack on meagre pension. He has to be carried in a basket for miles to get medicine.

Unbelievable.
          This is a ploy used by the Government in order to show they are doing something about immigration. Rather that tackle the real problem about some of the scum that are allowed in the UK the Government will pick on a person of good standing and them make a lot of publicity by disallowing entry. A similar tactic is used by local Government; if they complain that they have not enough finance they will be forced to make cutbacks and what do they choose in order get maximum publicity? They cut back on the care for old people and not the single Asian mother's nappy coordinator.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

poor old sod.
            Seconded! Shameful treatment.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

How is his pension only £132 per month?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Cos you keep dodging IR35 (which, IIRC, you said you'd gladly pay) - there's not enough in the fund...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  I think it's because he lives in Nepal. I think they're paid what is judged a fair amount for where they live. (This is what I think I remember hearing).

In his case he has to borrow money from his neighbours to pay for his medicine, so obviously the system works fine...

Comment

Expats in commonwealth countries have their pensions frozen in time.
                    Maybe thats why he is getting the same low pension

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                      This is a ploy used by the Government in order to show they are doing something about immigration. Rather that tackle the real problem about some of the scum that are allowed in the UK the Government will pick on a person of good standing and them make a lot of publicity by disallowing entry. A similar tactic is used by local Government; if they complain that they have not enough finance they will be forced to make cutbacks and what do they choose in order get maximum publicity? They cut back on the care for old people and not the single Asian mother's nappy coordinator.
                      Exactly and a very astute observation
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X