• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"In business, life sucks".....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivor1
    Makes me laugh watching this program Alan Sugar giving it the big I am, shots of Canary Whalf at the start, when the reality is his offices are based in business hub of 'Brentwood', next to to a pub, and he recent product line is ..... cant think of any ... may be that crappy photocopier fax effort.

Alan Sugar, your fired due to being a blagger and for you fear of razors.
    Why do you think he's looking for apprentices?

It's TV entertainment at the end of the day. I reckon Sugar plays a good part, he gives it a bit of theatre. Who would be better?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

It's TV entertainment at the end of the day. I reckon Sugar plays a good part, he gives it a bit of theatre. Who would be better?
      Hear hear,
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
        He earns his money from property these days, I hear...
        Fingers crossed that he'll get burnt soon then. Gloom, doom etc.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor1
          Makes me laugh watching this program Alan Sugar giving it the big I am, shots of Canary Whalf at the start, when the reality is his offices are based in business hub of 'Brentwood', next to to a pub.
          I'll have you know that Brentwood has some very big businesses - Fords HQ and nearby Dunton research centre, Logica CMG, BT at One London Road and of course my very own enterprise - temporarily situated at the end of my dining room table.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

I'd never heard of Alan Sugar before this show yet they have convinced me that he is some business legend. I would prefer the BBC replace Sir Alan with a B-grade actor, they'd be more convincing and it would do a little to reduce that ridiculous tax called a TV license. I'm sure Alan Sugar makes a killing out of the BBC for the show and the £100k salary prize is a meagre overhead. I doubt any of those muppets would be worth £100k to anyone, let alone Sir Alan hence each apprentice 'moves on' within a year of being 'hired'.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_chance
              I would prefer the BBC replace Sir Alan with a B-grade actor, they'd be more convincing
              Eh? How less convincing could a show be when you know the geezer is an actor?

And knock Surallan as a businessman as much as you like - he's made more money than most over the years, and far more than you or I ever will. I just object to having a Labour Luvvy on the show.

Comment

I was only knocking him as an actor, not as a businessman. He is a great businessman and that is why he lets the winners go/fires them so soon before the next show commences each season; cuts his costs and stirs the ratings. Good on him for making money out of the BBZzzzz.

I must admit I do enjoy that show though.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_chance
                  I was only knocking him as an actor, not as a businessman.
                  Ah, I see what you mean. He sometimes has to wind himself up to slag off the losers. You could see him struggling to find a reason to shout at Lohit last week.

Comment

Working...
                  X