• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan It

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind as long as I can move away from them.

Comment

Plenty of accountants (SJD included) seem to offer Company Secretary services.

Surely this does not mean they fall within the definition of an MSC

Or does it?

Comment

I belive it is only an issue if your company was originally set up by an MCSP

Comment

so if the same place also did your company formation then they could be defined as an MSCP?

Comment

No, only if thier main business is creating managed service companies (Most accountants don't manage your LTD for you, you have to do that so they don't come into the picture).

As said before though i'm not fully up to speed on this legislation so I may be wrong, but it is definetly something to check out sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              No, only if thier main business is creating managed service companies (Most accountants don't manage your LTD for you, you have to do that so they don't come into the picture).

As said before though i'm not fully up to speed on this legislation so I may be wrong, but it is definetly something to check out sooner rather than later.
              Role of thumb is the more you do yourself the less likely you will come under the MSC regulations...
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
                How exactly do you think I am caught under the new laws?
                It depends and like all modern tax law is a bit grey. Essentially it depends on how much control PLAN IT have over the company and being a Company Sec gives a lot of control (legally). In addition the IR have said that they are well aware that many MSC's are changing their services to 'get around' the legislation and they will be keeping a weather eye on those companies; so even by that you will be closer to being in the IR eyeline.

Comment

Working...
                X