• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent quoting bad rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent quoting bad rates

There's a contract I've been contacted about but the 1st agent to get in touch is quoting a crap rate. I've seen other agencies quoting a much higher rate on the usual boards. Any reason why I shouldn't just approach another one?

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
    There's a contract I've been contacted about but the 1st agent to get in touch is quoting a crap rate. I've seen other agencies quoting a much higher rate on the usual boards. Any reason why I shouldn't just approach another one?

nope, unless the first one had put your details forward
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

not really. But if all the other agents can offer whatever they're offering, probably so can the first but he's just not letting on yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
        I've just started my 1st contract, and I did exactly that and got 25% more
        Interestingly, both agencies were working on a fixed rate so the agency I didn't go with was not taking a large margin but trying to be the cheapest provider, presumably to undercut competitors?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
          Ididn't go with was not taking a large margin but trying to be the cheapest provider, presumably to undercut competitors?

Agent is just trying to broaden his commision!
          threenine.co.uk
          Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39
            Agent is just trying to broaden his commision!
            They can't increase their margin from the agreed fixed rate. My end client does regular spot checks and the agency is their biggest (I think) supplier - simply not worth it for them.

Comment

Working...
            X