• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HIPS Delayed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIPS Delayed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6680131.stm

should be scrapped altogether.

Can't believe the quote 'We have put our house on the market a month early simply to avoid the cost of these packs'.

Why would you put a house on the market early just to save a few hundred quid.

Probably suggested to them by the estate agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
      Probably suggested to them by the estate agent.
      If it was suggested to me by the estate agent I would tell them to go jump.

Comment

The government are heroes arent they. Announce a new law, encourage a bunch of small businesses to take the relevant training and exams in anticipation of the new law (cost circa 10k), and then change their bloody minds.

I wonder if they will issue compensation to all the small businesses that have stumped up the investment.......

Comment

I think this government are just taking the pi55 and are amazed at the fact that they are still getting away with it. Along the lines of what the fec do we have to do to get voted out.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I can see the whole idea being dropped in a year.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              I think this government are just taking the pi55 and are amazed at the fact that they are still getting away with it. Along the lines of what the fec do we have to do to get voted out.
              Well, they know the economy is going to implode soon so they'd rather be in opposition when it happens.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's getting like the Father Ted episode where they wanted to lose the Eurovision song contest and entered the 'My Lovely Horse' song. Which no doubt Brown will make our national anthem once the Blair world tour ends.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                  The government are heroes arent they. Announce a new law, encourage a bunch of small businesses to take the relevant training and exams in anticipation of the new law (cost circa 10k), and then change their bloody minds.

I wonder if they will issue compensation to all the small businesses that have stumped up the investment.......
                  Nope. In fact worse - those who have invested their savings to start a business and find themselves creeping back to permiedom will find that the tax man won't allow it as an expense against tax.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6680131.stm

should be scrapped altogether.

Can't believe the quote 'We have put our house on the market a month early simply to avoid the cost of these packs'.

Why would you put a house on the market early just to save a few hundred quid.
                    But why would you not?

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X