• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy
    HTH.

Comment

Sal, train journey out from the centre. from London Bridge station I think...so anywhere near there on the Fri night probably best. i wouldn't stay in catford (or dogford...)

Comment

We need a Dear Derdrie stickie

Dear Derdrie;

I want to give up smoking
        I want to have my stomach stappled
        My Sky TV has a problem
        Where do I go out in xxx
        Where can I buy an xxx
        Can somebody wipe my bum

etc...
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner

Dear Derdrie;

I want to give up smoking
          I want to have my stomach stappled
          My Sky TV has a problem
          Where do I go out in xxx
          Where can I buy an xxx
          Can somebody wipe my bum

etc...
          Dear Derdrie, why doesn't numptycorner just **** off?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner

Dear Derdrie;
            It was a fair question! If I was going to stay in Sunderland I'd ask Sallly-Anne for recommendations!!

Crikey!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
              Sal, train journey out from the centre. from London Bridge station I think...so anywhere near there on the Fri night probably best. i wouldn't stay in catford (or dogford...)
              Cheers Burdock.

It kept saying London Bridge on the route planner I looked at - I wasn't sure what was round there though. Is it a good night out?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

London Bridge had got some cool places - Borough has some good boozers, and the city is only the other side of the bridge....
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  Cheers Burdock.

It kept saying London Bridge on the route planner I looked at - I wasn't sure what was round there though. Is it a good night out?
                  the station is across the water from the City. (literally straight over London Bridge). but easy to get into the West End by tube, bus, taxi etc.

I think there are some fairly good hotels near London Bridge, which will make it an easy hop onto the train the next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    Hi All,

I've got to come down to London to go to a place in Catford. Does anyone know where this is near? Are there any nice pubs/hotels nearby?

Is it as far out of London as it seems?

Cheers,
                    Sal
                    xxx
                    I have lived in Catford for a year but that was a long time ago I don't know how it changed. It was generally an awful place with so many dodgy types around and you would never feel safe at any time of the day.

DO NOT even think about going to a local pub as you have a high chance of getting stabbed (besides one girl was raped at 1pm when I was living there).

There are some residential parts which are a bit better like Ladywell.

The only decent places to go out near were New Cross (mostly for young people and still lots of dodgy people around) or Bromley. The latter was the best choice I think unless you are a teenager or slightly more.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

oh, and treat yourself to one of these on Saturday morning before you get on the train!

http://floatworks.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X