• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finders fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    * who he?
    He was a user on here for a while.

He joined a few months back, his first thread was attacking all of us for saying something bad against "king and country" so close to memorial Sunday.
    Then he let slip about his close man-bag-buying relationship with his agent.
    Then he disappearred into General, where some of the blokes offended him and he said he hated us all.
    Then he was banned

I thought he was great!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      He was a user on here for a while.

He joined a few months back, his first thread was attacking all of us for saying something bad against "king and country" so close to memorial Sunday.
      Then he let slip about his close man-bag-buying relationship with his agent.
      Then he disappearred into General, where some of the blokes offended him and he said he hated us all.
      Then he was banned

I thought he was great!
      How can you possibly get banned from here? It's devoid of all human decency. What if I turn into one of the rest of you? I've only been married 2 years - I don't want to spend the rest of my life dodging the CSA and fantasising about new cars. Is there any hope (perhaps getting banned is the only escape??

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
        How can you possibly get banned from here? It's devoid of all human decency. What if I turn into one of the rest of you? I've only been married 2 years - I don't want to spend the rest of my life dodging the CSA and fantasising about new cars. Is there any hope (perhaps getting banned is the only escape??

i was like you once upon a time Greg, now look at me. Once they get their hooks into you then's no leaving CUK, even if you do get banned, you'll be back. I'm living proof.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
          i was like you once upon a time Greg, now look at me. Once they get their hooks into you then's no leaving CUK, even if you do get banned, you'll be back. I'm living proof.
          Perhaps I am ScriptFromScratch reincarnated and I have no memory of my past life and I'm stuck on some cycle of avatar rebirth. How would I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
            Perhaps I am ScriptFromScratch reincarnated and I have no memory of my past life and I'm stuck on some cycle of avatar rebirth. How would I know?
            Lift up your shirt, do you have a third nipple?

Comment

I had a pimp offer me a £100 voucher for a referral. I tried to negotiate a split margin but they were having none of it. In the end, I provided 2 guys through my company with an appropriate markup and made a lot of money through it...

Fecking 100 notes voucher my arse...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                Lift up your shirt, do you have a third nipple?
                Goats and Monkeys! How could you know?

Comment

hi guys,

i've a quick question about a referral fee. someone i know got placed through an agent by my referral.

at first i was told i could get 'a couple of hundred pounds' worth of vouchers so i put him forward, assured that i'd be contacted when he was placed (but not holding my breath as i'm not that green-gilled!). anyhow i found out he was placed and had to chase up and find the guy who placed him (a different guy to the agent i sent the cv to). he said that he could only do a hundred to which i protested and told him i was promised more then he said he could do £150 cash so i said ok but it turns out that i have to have a limited company to invoice from in order to get that money... OR he says i can have £100 worth of vouchers. apparently it is less than the cash amount as they have to pay VAT on the vouchers.

does that sound right or is there any other way i can invoice for the money?

i don't mind vouchers *too* much but it is just a bit annoying losing a third of the referral fee... which isn't that big anyhow considering how much they make!

lastly, can someone recommend an agency that does give decent referral fees as i happen to know a few talented people on the lookout at the second (and about to finish contracts).

Comment

Working...
                  X