• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Requesting References

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Requesting References

hi ya boys and girls. yes im still alive.

Been on a contract for 6 months now, agency has called me requesting references from my last 4 employers stating that i am obliged to give them.

What are my rights here, some of my past contracts have been less then 6 weeks.

Really i am only interested in giving them a minimum of 3 and of the more lengthy contracts i have had.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by el duder
    hi ya boys and girls. yes im still alive.

Been on a contract for 6 months now, agency has called me requesting references from my last 4 employers stating that i am obliged to give them.

What are my rights here, some of my past contracts have been less then 6 weeks.

Really i am only interested in giving them a minimum of 3 and of the more lengthy contracts i have had.

Thoughts?
    List everyone on this board, we will speak up for you
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
      List everyone on this board, we will speak up for you

what a cracking reference list eh...could u imagine...

Comment

The agency have obviously decided that it's time to trawl for some leads.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
          Thoughts?
          Obliged how? Tell em to feck off.

Comment

Say OK I'll get back to you on that one, repeat the response each time and they'll get fed up and trawl elsewhere. I've never heard of 4 refs needed, they must be really struggling.

Comment

Unless its in your contract tell 'em to go whistle
              Property advisor for the people

Comment

name and shame.

Comment

What if they were to temp you with a cool refreshing Sprite?
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

This reference malarky is a pain in the arse
                    I suggest we all hire someone who will give reference for all.
                    maybe pcg can start a reference service

Comment

Working...
                    X