• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toddler fined £89 for dropping two crisps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toddler fined £89 for dropping two crisps

Trash Taliban Alive & Well in London
    http://tinyurl.com/34kfoq

Organic material is litter?

They should introduce a fine/penalty system for when people are rood to other, they’d make a fortune in London.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I hope they've arrested Bill Oddie. He's always inciting people to break the law by leaving food lying around "for the birds". Yeah, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        Trash Taliban Alive & Well in London
        http://tinyurl.com/34kfoq
        What is your point here? That it is OK to litter? Or that this is in some way doesn't count as "litter"?
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Surely if it's bio degradable and small it's OK to drop it in the gutter? Is a quaver the same as a collection of McDonalds papers cardboard and plastic?
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            What is your point here? That it is OK to litter? Or that this is in some way doesn't count as "litter"?
            I think the point is how ludicrous the whole thing is. Still, the inspectors are working towards meeting their targets eh?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
              I think the point is how ludicrous the whole thing is. Still, the inspectors are working towards meeting their targets eh?

Why is it "ludicrous"? It is litter, litter is illegal.
              God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
                Why is it "ludicrous"? It is litter, litter is illegal.

Get a grip man. Any penalty should be proportionate to the offence. This is fecking ridiculous and most people on this board know it.
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Two quavers certainly isn't as offensive as the dog $^*!; yet there are still owners who have no intention of cleaning their pets' doings up. Is dog S^*! classed as litter? or is that outside the remit of the council workers? I guess 2 year olds (and their harrassed parents) are sitting targets compared to a huge rottweiler and his dog.

They should learn from other countries and realise the money is better spent on street cleaners - at least thats an honest job, unlike a little-hitler brigade.
                  Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Interesting story in the papers yesterday. A young man collected several hundred pounds for comic relief, then kept the money. Old Bill identified 540 of the donors, went around collecting statements from all 540, then logged it as 540 individual cases of fraud. Wasted countless hours of their own time, but boosted their crime clear-up rate no end!

Comment

Working...
                    X