• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hmpf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    none the wiser
    New registrations come out Aug 1st. Effectively makes your 24 hour old car 6 months old.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
      They will be waiting a long time then - as long as the property is on the market before 1st June you've got until the end of December to sell it without a HIP.

HIP doesn't give you a valuation - required by the mortgage company at a cost of 200 quid (ish).

So, as a buyer, I couldn't give a crap.
      Nobody is going to buy a house without a HIP unless it is offered realy cheap.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Apparently, the fine for NOT having an HIP is £200. That's £100 less than the cost of an HIP. So don't get one, and pay the lower sum. Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Nobody is going to buy a house without a HIP unless it is offered realy cheap.
          People have been buying houses without a HIP for the last 200+ years, I don't think it's going to make that much difference.

Everything included in the HIP (see below) should currently be done by your solicitor. If no HIP is supplied, then it will cost a bit more for your legal fees.

Your statement is nonsense.

Compulsory documents in a HIP
          Index
          Energy Performance Certificate
          Sale statement
          * The address of the property being sold
          * Whether the property is freehold, leasehold or commonhold
          * Whether the property is registered or unregistered
          * Whether or not the property is being sold with vacant possession
          Standard searches
          * The local land charges register relating to the property being sold. If the search is carried out by the local authority, an official search certificate will be provided. Alternatively a personal search company can be used.
          * Other records held by the local authority on matters of interest to buyers, such as planning decisions and road building proposals. These are referred to as local enquiries in the Home Information Pack regulations. A local authority or a personal search company can be used.
          * The provision of drainage and water services to the property. The local water company or a personal search company can be used (however, the search must comply with the HIP Regulations).
          Evidence of title
          * Official copies of the individual register (made up of a property register, proprietorship register and, typically, a charges register)
          * An official copy of the title plan
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Your statement is nonsense.
            We shall see.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

New registrations come out Aug 1st. Effectively makes your 24 hour old car 6 months old.
              September these days old boy
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                September these days old boy
                Realy? Well I never. It has been a long time since I bought new (or old for that matter).

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

We shall see.
                  Indeed we shall.

My flat is on the market at the moment (obviously without HIP) the 500 quid cost of a HIP is dwarfed by the agency commission anyway.

I even had one agent who advised against putting it on the market (edit: until 1st June) anyway due to the Law Lords review happening at the moment (BBC). He was then happy to absorb the cost of the pack in his fees.

If the lack of a HIP is an issue for a potential buyer, I will be more than happy to drop the price by 500 quid.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

My flat is on the market<snip>
                    Were I to be in the market for a place right now I would be wondering why a vendor was trying to avoid supplying a HIP.
                    If 2 properties were of interest, 1 with and 1 without HIP I suspect I would favour the with.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Were I to be in the market for a place right now I would be wondering why a vendor was trying to avoid supplying a HIP.
                      Are you normally this suspiciuos?

If 2 properties were of interest, 1 with and 1 without HIP I suspect I would favour the with.
                      I would favour the most appropriate one in the right location.

If they were identical properties right next door to each other, I'd expect a 500 quid discount on the one without a HIP.

Comment

Working...
                      X