• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of first contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Loew
    That said I'm a bit anxious about being on the bench... and wondering how realistically easy (or not) it would be for me to find another contract ideally London based. My skills are Java / J2EE and I also have PM and team leader experience. I am not a huge techie but enjoy J2EE stuff, my ideal role would be a blending of technical and team leader / PM work but being realistic I will sell myself on my Java/J2EE experience.
    Two J2EE contractors where I am at the moment left a couple of weeks ago. They basically left on Friday and started new contracts on Monday. Market is bouyant at the moment as far as I can tell.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I find the whole process usually takes at least a month, so I would start looking straight away.
      When I was out in 2001, I wrote a program that scanned jobserve for suitable jobs and sent an email off to the agent automatically, it was very competetive back then so getting the email out early helped a lot. Also, I didn't have to sit in front of jobserve all day long. It's a lot easier now thank goodness there seems to be plenty of work about, allthough never underestimate how difficult it can be to get a job even when there is work - agents and end clients are incredibly fussy, much more I think than in the past (10 years ago).

Comment

Originally posted by christhecontractor
        I find the whole process usually takes at least a month, so I would start looking straight away....
        Do they call you christ for short?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          Two J2EE contractors where I am at the moment left a couple of weeks ago. They basically left on Friday and started new contracts on Monday. Market is bouyant at the moment as far as I can tell.
          I finished back at the end of April.

In May I went off to America for two week for the JavaOne conference, and then came back here, hoping to get a lot more interviews and phone calls.

Those J2EE contractors must be doing something right to leave on Friday and get a next gig on Monday.

I must doing something wrong. I am missing a trick. What else can I do?
          ====
          Peter Pilgrim

Comment

Working...
          X