• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

unilever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the IT is now in Ewloe, about 6 miles from Chester just over the border

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
      I'm working at Moneysupermarket - !
      Doesn't the boss have picture of himself in his ferrari lining the walls.. c**k
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer

lol, I'd love to see that, ditto and double the co*k remark
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
          Was an interesting article about him in the Telegraph recently:

http://tinyurl.com/2v8kal

Comment

There are a few strange types around. Not had the pleasure of meeting the boss yet, but can't argue that he hasn't done all right for himself. Not many contractors on site but there is one who signs her name.

Contract Project Leader BA(Hons), Prince Practitioner, ILIS certificate (or something similar)

Comment

I work at Unilever in Ewloe
              There are IT jobs here now and then but most is getting Accentured. Usually a lot more in Port Sunlight.
              We often see the guy in the Ferrari whizzing past, and enjoy looking at all the young women he employs
              Last edited by ramholio; 29 May 2007, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
                Was an interesting article about him in the Telegraph recently:

http://tinyurl.com/2v8kal
                "From the way he behaves, you'd never guess he was worth so much money."

This question has always had me curious. Can someone explain to me how someone worth so much money is supposed to behave?

Suddenly start acting like the lord of the manor or what?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
                  "From the way he behaves, you'd never guess he was worth so much money."

This question has always had me curious. Can someone explain to me how someone worth so much money is supposed to behave?

Suddenly start acting like the lord of the manor or what?
                  Ah yes, the "Old Money / New Money" divide.

Once the industrial revolution came along, the upper classes had to find a way to still look down on the ones that came from the middle classes but had made a bit of cash and were now as rich as them.

Comment

hmmmmm.....

I worked for Unilever at HQ in Blackfriars 7 years ago and it was pretty good, Global Sales , product rationalisation and Viral marketing projects, back end was Oracle, forget what the apps were (suppose sap now), two resturants, good team, cheap beer, no sub-continent bulls%#$ters from cheap consultancies, but alas all good things had to come to an end. we did have a complete tosser for a PM who eventually lost all of us and got fired himself.

rate then was 450 per day gbp, I personally would not touch it for less than 400 given the location and expenses , unless you are local or desperate, and the person who signs her name as mentioned would p1ss me off in about 10 mins, and besides PRINCE is such a useless piece of do do , I use it here at this Government site (translated as a place where lots of people have let them selves go both mentally and physically) , but hey, I ride my bike to work and I'm getting SAP BW/FI and other bits and bobs.........

nothing for nothing eh.....

Comment

Working...
                    X