• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I share your cynical view of agencies, but I have actually spoken to the client since and he really is pushing for some kind of compensation (I get the impression the agent may have exagerated it, though), although he says he has nothing against me. Problem is, another contractor from the same agency walked out after one day so he's sore about that too. Of course, that has nothing to do with me, but his contract isn't with me at the end of the day. I can see his point of view, and if they want to discount a little of the fee they charged and pass that my way I can probably accept that, but as I say my worry is that it will indeed be 100% of the amount owed (just over a grand).

As I say I have learned through this at least. Looking at the contract now (I signed too hastily, under pressure to do it asap from the agent), it seems I have no get-out under any circumstances whatsoever. I won't sign another like this, and I'll be a lot more careful from now on.

Cheers
    Chris
    Chris Foster
    http://www.jobseekercv.com/user/6

Comment

Working...
    X