• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Agents

Jesus, how thick are some agents ? Sent CV for role, interview setup, started to make travel plans, all good. Job spec and confirmation awaited, never showed up. Chased agent, oh sorry, it's been changed to telephone interview - gee thanks for telling me. Arrange different day and await job spec and confirmation - none turns up.
    Get call from client while driving saying 'I am phoning about the interview' B0LLOCKS !! Wrong day, no job spec, I'm driving, no confirmation, I apologise to the client, explain exactly what the agent has done and promise to rearrange (like he will be interested after this !).
    Phone the agent - 'really, don't know how that happened ?' F#cks sake this is my livelihood you dozy bint.
    What a waste of food, I wouldn't let them organise my shoes - kin useless...

Originally posted by lukemg
    Jesus, how thick are some agents ? Sent CV for role, interview setup, started to make travel plans, all good. Job spec and confirmation awaited, never showed up. Chased agent, oh sorry, it's been changed to telephone interview - gee thanks for telling me. Arrange different day and await job spec and confirmation - none turns up.
    Get call from client while driving saying 'I am phoning about the interview' B0LLOCKS !! Wrong day, no job spec, I'm driving, no confirmation, I apologise to the client, explain exactly what the agent has done and promise to rearrange (like he will be interested after this !).
    Phone the agent - 'really, don't know how that happened ?' F#cks sake this is my livelihood you dozy bint.
    What a waste of food, I wouldn't let them organise my shoes - kin useless...
    Name and shame....
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

And people moan about the sales assistants in PC World...

Comment

I always lower my expectations with agents, that way im never disappointed, most are failed people, in desperate need to make money are willing to abandon any principles, they are a sad pathetic, bunch really. I think we need to create a think tank together in order to remove them from the IT business

Comment

With their stupidity, disorganisation and what the poor little idiots think of as 'clever tricks' its a miracle anyone ever gets placed anywhere. Clients, please just put an advert on jobserve yourself, it isn't hard.

Comment

the agency sent contractor opposite me to the wrong site....on the wrong date (for his first day on the job).

since then, every piece of documentation they have sent him and me has been incorrect. I have spoken to just about everybody in the agency when chasing them....i'm like a family member now.

best of all, when my 'latest agency contact' phoned me the other day, there was suddenly a noise like a thundering train in the background. I asked if they were by a station and he said (sheepishly), "no, thats everybody thumping their desks, as another placement has just been made"

reminded me of a crap film I once saw about finance brokers starring Ben Afleck...

Comment

I find .Net agents to be very good, rootsnall what do you think ?

Milan.

Comment

The boiler room - and it's not crap, it's brilliant.
                I am used to the tricks, lies, lack of contact etc but scheduling and sending a couple of emails really shouldn't be that difficult when you consider how much money they will be creaming off the contract !!!

Comment

I was panicking a week ago but the last few days I have 5 interviews set up for start of next week, all .NET. I think the .NET market is very good at the moment, and it will be for the next 5-10 years.

Comment

.Net agents are coining it in due to the booming .Net market hence they are able to provide a very high quality service. The .net market is predicted to boom even more in the next decade.

Comment

Working...
                    X