• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think interest rates will stay at 5.25%, place your bets...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gonna be the boiled frog effect.

Still, there's a couple more rate increases this year to go.

Comment

Should have jacked up rate to 15% in one go just to give people something to think about.

Comment

No doubt Halifax will jack up the interest rate on the mortgage again. That is something like £100 per month it has gone up in the last year

I only wish the credit rating was better so I could tell them where to shove their mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
          No doubt Halifax will jack up the interest rate on the mortgage again. That is something like £100 per month it has gone up in the last year

I only wish the credit rating was better so I could tell them where to shove their mortgage.
          So you have to put your rates up by 1% to cover it. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
            So you have to put your rates up by 1% to cover it. No big deal.

1% on (say) 300k morgage is not the same as 1% on (say) 60k.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Should have jacked up rate to 15% in one go just to give people something to think about.
              Your grasp of economics is risible.
              How often have I seen that - very intense narrow expertise in one area, completely thick in everything else - seems to particularly afflict IT techies perhaps because most are borderline autistic.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                How often have I seen that - very intense narrow expertise in one area, completely thick in everything else - seems to particularly afflict IT techies perhaps because most are borderline autistic.
                Who you calling borderline...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Do you have a degree in business, perhaps you visited to some macro-economics courses?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Do you have a degree in business, perhaps you visited to some macro-economics courses?
                    What does a degree in business or a course have to do with anything?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      perhaps you visited to some macro-economics courses?
                      His grasp of English little better. You really are the archetypal geeky nerd alexei.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X