• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

itjobswatch & rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

itjobswatch & rates

Hi guys,

As someone considering coming over to the UK for work soon, I have a query regarding the industry stats of itjobswatch.

It seems peculiar the avg daily rate for a job such as Linux , or Linux Administrator is 360-400 p/day but the job advertisements on the same
    site all offer significantly lower rates ie. 250-300 p/day and hourly rates circa 27p /hour .

Are the rates offered through agencies usually around these estimated 'avg daily rates' ,and the jobs advertised on the site generally on the lower paid end of the scale?

What would be the expected ballpark daily rate of a Linux Systems Administrator with 3 years experience and rhce/tertiary qualifications?

thanks

I'd say the stats are a load of rubbish. Have a look on Jobserve and pick out some jobs in your skill set, send your CV saying you'll be in the UK soon and ask what rate can you expect ? I'm thinking Linux Systems Administrator is a failrly niche market so you should hopefully get the attention of an agent or two and some feedback.

Comment

Is it because they only advertise the low-paid jobs?

Comment

thanks for the info,

I would be interested to hear from any linux/unix sysadmins how they think the itjobswatch.com 'average rates' actually hold up.

Comment

Surley any good Linux admin would get root access to an agents box and find out the real rates.

Comment

itjobswatch only reflects advertised rates, and obviously only the 10% of ads that don't quote "Good" or "Market Rate". To be taken with a pinch of salt at best, or preferably totally ignored.

Comment

Working...
            X