• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What paper do you read?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What paper do you read?

Metro

Daily Sport.

Comment

The Times

Comment

I used to get the Sunday Times but it got too big and I feared for the future of our planet with all those cute little trees being cut down so it had to go.

I don't see the point in getting a daily as its always 24 hours out of date.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Telegraph Mon-Fri (news, sport, business and Alex is second to none)
          Nothing on Sat
          Cant decide on Sun. Gave up on Sunday Times as it's utter garbage, tried Observer but business section is total crap. Don't like Telegraph on Sunday for some reason

I have a visceral hatred of the Mirror (the chief political editor calls Brown 'Big Gordie' FFS) and the Mail and Express.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
            Daily Sport.

Well...if acting like a builder is supposed to be an indication of being self-employed then you should have no trouble being considered IR35 friendly!!!
            Property advisor for the people

Comment

War cry
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by interested
                Telegraph Mon-Fri (news, sport, business and Alex is second to none)
                Nothing on Sat.
                Me too sometimes, but getting more sporadic now as it's definitely going downhill slightly. They've apparently sacked a lot of their reporters, and it shows. (Unfortunately they haven't sacked that pompous windbag Simon Heffer though.)

Also, I've seen more and more spelling mistakes recently, and they've taken to using tabloid slang such as "boffins" instead of "scientists".

If the online newspaper websites weren't so hellishly slow and riddled with flashy adverts, and were the full paper, I'd only ever use them.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                  (Unfortunately they haven't sacked that pompous windbag Simon Heffer though.)
                  That day can't come soon enough, pompous windbag is exactly the right description. Apparently there is a big rivalry between the Telegraph and Mail - and a flow of journalists between the two, so hence the dumbing down of the DT. I don't quite get the rivalry though, I'd sooner read the Sun than the Mail.

Comment

Indie occasionally, londonpaper/metro occasionally, Saturdays: Guardian.

Comment

Working...
                    X