• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Registering your CV worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering your CV worth it?

Will I be spammed to death by agents if I register my CV with Jobserve and Jobsite or is it worth doing? Are there many 'behind the scenes' jobs on those sites that agents will try to match your CV to before publishing the advert if they can't a suitable candidate?

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
    Will I be spammed to death by agents if I register my CV with Jobserve and Jobsite or is it worth doing? Are there many 'behind the scenes' jobs on those sites that agents will try to match your CV to before publishing the advert if they can't a suitable candidate?
    attach your photograph to it then you will only get calls from agents who seriously like your skills.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

the gig I'm at was not advertised, the agent got my CV from jobserve first before placing the add.

Longest time I've been on the Bench!!! 6 days..
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Yes, you will be spammed (email and phone) to death, and yes - most positions seem to be filled before they are advertised on those sites.

Once lots of agencies have your details you won't *have* to search for a contract again. That has benefits and drawbacks!

Comment

Originally posted by timh
          Yes, you will be spammed (email and phone) to death, and yes - most positions seem to be filled before they are advertised on those sites.

Once lots of agencies have your details you won't *have* to search for a contract again. That has benefits and drawbacks!
          How do I get hold of all these CVs?

Comment

I've got a couple of jobs via being registered on Jobserve, I think you've got to keep your CV upto date if you want it to work, mine went on about 5 years ago during a lean spell. Still get cold calls and emails from it.

Comment

I've only received jobs after applying on JS. Had my CV advertised a while back but just got spam calls.

Comment

If things aren't happening for you, nothing to lose I reckon. I chucked mine on jobsite recently and got half a dozen calls, mostly no good but still felt good to be getting a bit more response.
                I put a highish rate/salary expectation which I think has helped to reduce the interest/spam.
                Also - why not set up a separate hotmail account to go with this CV and maybe an alternative phone also. Easy to drop back off the radar then.

Comment

Working...
                X