• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's up with the perl market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I remember dBase II...
    Yes, me too - in USSR they ripped it off and used in Unis as "Rebus" - the interesting thing about dBase ][ is that there was no dBase I - the guy who made it thought it would be good marketing trick to pretend it is 2nd version of the product and thus it is more reliable: no wonder Microsoft switched to versions like Windows 2000!

Originally posted by threaded
    Made quite a bit of easy money going around and increasing the number of handles in the DOS system.ini, IIRC.
    You mean config.sys!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      And didn't it first come out as dBase II, there never actually ever being a dBase I?
      Correct. They thought it would sound more advanced if it was taken to be the second version.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
      X