• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SallyAnne, you're probably too young to have experienced this but...

"Baby crying in Chalet (whatever number)" would be written on a placard and paraded round a holiday camp nightclub to alert patrons that the child they'd left alone for a couple of hours needed attention.

Leaving kids alone for a couple of hours while checking on them regularly used to be the norm. Arriving back and seeing an empty bed did not.

I hope they find who's responsible.

I also certainly hope that the Portuguese Police are not castigated just because they're not as open as the UK Police are. They've got their own procedures and should be permitted to follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by BankingContractor
      Sign of the times I'm afraid. We've all become selfish individuals, more concerned with big houses, flash cars and instant gratification, rather than being content with what we have.

Whilst the parents did nothing out of the ordinary in this day and age, I doubt if the same circumstances would have occurred 30 or 40 years ago.

As my grandad was saying only last night, people these days don't know the meaning of personal sacrifice. After he came back from the war, he worked an extra day every week just to help his in-laws - you'd never see people do that that these days. Sad really.
      b*****S, get back t'shoe box in middle o'road
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        SallyAnne, you're probably too young to have experienced this but...

"Baby crying in Chalet (whatever number)" would be written on a placard and paraded round a holiday camp nightclub to alert patrons that the child they'd left alone for a couple of hours needed attention.

Leaving kids alone for a couple of hours while checking on them regularly used to be the norm. Arriving back and seeing an empty bed did not.

I hope they find who's responsible.

I also certainly hope that the Portuguese Police are not castigated just because they're not as open as the UK Police are. They've got their own procedures and should be permitted to follow them.
        Whilst I'm flattered that you singled me out there churchy , I said I wasn't going to talk about this anymore.

It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth (and not in a good way)
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

Leaving kids alone for a couple of hours while checking on them regularly used to be the norm.
          I'd forgotten about that. It was a standard service.

Comment

I must admit we have never left the kids alone in a strange place without a responsible adult. On holiday they would come with us everywhere.

But people do things differently. I'm amused by the arrogance that we are so much better than the Portuguese police and only our analysts can help.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X