• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HELP! I want to go permi.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I want to go permi.

Hi, I have been contracting for this company for a couple of months and last week my manager has offered me this great permanent post. They are very keen on me but they do not want to pay the agency release fee. Is there anything I can do a part from waiting 6 months?
    Andre`

Pull yourself together man. They'll never take me alive!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Come to a creative compromise: e.g. in exchange for 6 months slumming it, they pay you a 15% signing-on bonus.

But I'd be wary about going permanent with a company that couldn't scrape together a 30% recruitment fee. Actually I'd just be wary about going permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by andre05
        Hi, I have been contracting for this company for a couple of months and last week my manager has offered me this great permanent post. They are very keen on me but they do not want to pay the agency release fee. Is there anything I can do a part from waiting 6 months?
        Andre`
        If the client is willing to shaft another company that is known to have a gaggle of tame lawyers, what might they do to you one day; you who'll have to go running around various conveyancing/divorce shops 'til they find a real solicitor?

Oh, and if an offer feels too good to be true, it often is.

Jeez, one born every minute.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by andre05
          Andre`
          Think of it as a finder's fee. Do they not think you were worth finding?
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

fecking cheapskates

avoid

Milan.

Comment

The payment of a "finders fee" is none of your business. It's between the client and your agency. Stay out of it.

Safer and more professional in the long run.

Comment

I think its quite a good time to go permie - b4 next recession.

mind you they will probably sack permies as well as contractors - someone slap me around until I come to my senses!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                  I think its quite a good time to go permie - b4 next recession.

mind you they will probably sack permies as well as contractors - someone slap me around until I come to my senses!
                  It makes sense, we are all doomed.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Can someone get rid o fthis thread, it is frightening me.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X