• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent being weird

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent being weird

Driving home from work today agent calls and says I have a contract for large bank (he named it) 9 months, high rate.... however i need 2 references. I explained my policy of not giving them before interview and he started bleating about it, "Why are you messing me about, everyone else gave references". He sounded a bit drunk too.

Arrange to meet him down a dark alley... take a cosh with you.

Comment

keep a phone with a number given to agents - save your main one for people you want to speak to. Only turn on agent phone when looking.

Comment

Standard operating procedure for agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
          Driving home from work today agent calls and says I have a contract for large bank (he named it) 9 months, high rate.... however i need 2 references. I explained my policy of not giving them before interview and he started bleating about it, "Why are you messing me about, everyone else gave references". He sounded a bit drunk too.

He sounded drunk! What time was this?! I've been asked this a couple of times, but anything that seems a bit fishy I am highly suspicious of. TBH most agents are krap liars and after you've been contracting for a while you'll pick them pretty quickly. If they start dilly dallying around on the phone feeding u bs then there probably is no role. The good ones get straight to the point.

Comment

Working...
          X