• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women are to blame for rubbish TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women are to blame for rubbish TV

Women are to blame for rubbish TV, Sir Patrick Moore claims
    The presenter said: "The trouble is the BBC now is run by women and it shows soap operas, cooking, quizzes, kitchen-sink plays. You wouldn't have had that in the golden days."

"I would like to see two independent wavelengths - one controlled by women, and one for us, controlled by men."

He claimed that interesting programmes were screened too late at night, and said he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than appear on Celebrity Big Brother.

"I used to watch Doctor Who and Star Trek, but they went PC - making women commanders, that kind of thing. I stopped watching."
    Quite right. Oh, he forgot to mention house makeovers.

TV and Rubbish are synonymous.

I would like to see the death of TV.

Comment

So true

Lowest common denominator programming, a diet of mush... no wonder their brains atrophy

Same with IT – fine with making pretty Power Point presentations... not so good at making things happen
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I read that on "This is London" and emailed it, anonymously, to one of the ardent feministas at one of my clients.

Light blue touch paper, and stand back...

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Women are to blame for rubbish TV, Sir Patrick Moore claimsQuite right. Oh, he forgot to mention house makeovers.

Isn't that how the phrase "housewives TV" was coined? I spent a short period on the bench last year and it was the propsect of watching this tosh that motivated me to get back to work! Very little documentaries on Discovery / History Channel / National Geographic during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt
            Isn't that how the phrase "housewives TV" was coined? I spent a short period on the bench last year and it was the propsect of watching this tosh that motivated me to get back to work! Very little documentaries on Discovery / History Channel / National Geographic during the day.
            Has anyone else perceived a dumbing down of National Geographic channels

They seem to take the magazine approach - fine for skimming but no meat to the subject - going the way of Horizon

I wonder if there are females involved?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt
              Very little documentaries on Discovery / History Channel / National Geographic during the day.
              But they're all "mega-" aren't they? Sometimes I put one of those shows on and count how many times they say "mega-"
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                But they're all "mega-" aren't they? Sometimes I put one of those shows on and count how many times they say "mega-"
                I thought the word was "Awesome"!!!

Churchill - In "Oh feck, I fell for that one" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by pisces

I quite enjoy watching quiz shows for relaxing entertainment:

University Challenge
                  Mastermind
                  Have I Got News For You
                  Never Mind the Buzzcocks
                  Never Mind the Full Stops.

That's all I watch. I reckon I'm paying a couple of quid per view.
                  God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces

I watch less and less these days, except for footy and cricket.

I used to like the quizzes but they have asked all possible questions now, so it isn't a challenge anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X