• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ideal location to live in UK for IT contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XTC
    But not Reading.
    I agree, at least not the bits I've seen. You haven't got to go far outside though.

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
      How about Downing Street??
      You have to be a c*** to live there these days.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        You have to be a c*** to live there these days.
        Tell that to Br@wn..!!
        Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
          I'm on the M6/M62 between Liverpool and Manc which also has enough contracts to keep you gainfully 'employed' but the traffic is approaching M25 (Glossup!) levels.
          Warrington then??

I am currently on a gig in Skemersdale, its an 75min each way from Glossop. Which is OK I guess, though about the longest I have done. My last few contracts have been on this side anyway.

True about Glossop and traffic, the jam's are pretty much non-stop now. But the views are nice once you get there!
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
            Warrington then??

I am currently on a gig in Skemersdale, its an 75min each way from Glossop. Which is OK I guess, though about the longest I have done. My last few contracts have been on this side anyway.

True about Glossop and traffic, the jam's are pretty much non-stop now. But the views are nice once you get there!
            About 10 mins from Skem, junction of the M58/M6. I hadn't lived Up Nth for 15 years and was surprised how many Co's have moved their IT from the South East to beautiful industrial unit locations on the M6/M62/M58. Trouble is the traffic is a nightmare now ! When they stop building 'luxury' apartments things might improve, half the traffic at 7am are builders on their way to Manc and L'pool.

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
              Tell that to Br@wn..!!
              And the other two, Blair and ... erm ... who is the Chief Whip at number 12?

Comment

Working...
              X