• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UFOs - bollocks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that was on the telly the other night. Program about the large hadron collider.

Looks like they should find out about the Higgs this year one way or the other. Either that or blow us all up as discussed in a previous thread.

Me - I haven't got a fecking clue...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

If there is superior intelligent life out there it will not be benign, peaceful herbivores do not dominate. The reality would be Independence Day, War Of the Worlds, Midwich Cuckoos, not this "Welcome To Our Federation" crap.

No, there are no UFOs out there, if there was any race advanced enough to travel the galaxy and lurk in our solar system, we would have been conquered, exterminated, shagged and/or eaten long ago.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Maybe they'd find us comical, and we're this seasons unwitting replacement 2 Ronnies on ET TV.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

There is bugger all out there. The initiation of life on Earth was such a jammy event that the odds against it happening again elsewhere are astronomical.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            There is bugger all out there. The initiation of life on Earth was such a jammy event that the odds against it happening again elsewhere are astronomical.
            Disagree
            It is arrogance to suppose that in the billions of galaxies, trillions of stars we would be somehow unique
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Disagree
              It is arrogance to suppose that in the billions of galaxies, trillions of stars we would be somehow unique
              Why arrogance? You and I dispute the value of chance, not the worthiness of our existence.

Comment

Yes. Astronomical. Why, you'd need billions of stars for a start! Oh. Drake equation anyone?

Comment

Au contraire. There is so much more to life and the universe than we could ever wish to know about. It IS sheer arrogance to think that we are the highest beings in all of it's infinite existance.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
                    Au contraire. There is so much more to life and the universe than we could ever wish to know about. It IS sheer arrogance to think that we are the highest beings in all of it's infinite existance.
                    How do you know?

Comment

Working...
                    X