• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UFOs - bollocks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People and scientists think they are close to cracking the secrets of the universe which i will tell you now is bollox!
    We are no where, NO WHERE near! The universe is so vast that we cant even imagine it. We have hardly got our head around our own planet, never mind anything in space! String theory and the theory of multiple dimensions are just drops in a vast ocean!

Sometimes we just need to accept the things we have no power over and just marvel at gods devine creation both on earth and in the heavens.

Only those that he chooses, slowly unravel some of the mysterys that exist and those people come around very rarely (the likes of Newton, Huyghens, Einstein...etc) and even then they ask more questions than they answer.
    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

It's a shame we'll probably never find out all the answers (just like watching Lost!).

How can the physical universe exist?
      How was the very first atom of matter created?

There are endless questions and relying on fellow man to come up with the answers is going to take a very long time. Maybe putting a big "We are here" sign out into space ain't so bad if we get some peace-loving aliens along to give us the answers.

Space is an amazing place. Just looking up at the milkyway on a moonless night is awesome, even without recreational drugs!
      "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Could you slightly reword the last sentence? I don't understand what you mean.
        Edited, slight typo.

Comment

Yeah, that's cleared it right up!
          "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
            Space is an amazing place. Just looking up at the milkyway on a moonless night is awesome, even without recreational drugs!
            I did that after a particularly boozy night out last September whilst in Cyprus, I just lay there on a secluded beach staring at the Milky Way, the longer you look the more you see, truly mind bogglingly amazing.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I saw one at Party in the PArk last year.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
                Edited, slight typo.
                It's probably me then, but is there still an extraneous word or two in there?
                Originally posted by pisces
                Whatever the answer is all mainstream modern religions would be dissapointed to be hear it.
                I'll assume you mean "disappointed to hear it", and you might be right. Then, after a suitable pause to check their bibles, korans and stuff, they will all say how they were right all along.

Comment

Or renounce it as the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Have they found Higg's Bosun yet?
                    I hope not - I've bet string theorist Lubos Motl $500 that it won't be found before 31 Dec 2012

He probably reckons the bet's a no-brainer (and that I am too), because the Higgs is predicted by the Standard Model, and he's probably right; but I'm not so sure ..
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
                      Or renounce it as the devil.
                      Well that's true. If He says "Sorry, the jews were right, Jesus wasn't my son", the Christians might well denounce Him.

And if He says "sorry, but there's no 72 virgins", the Muslims might try to blow Him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X