• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UFOs - bollocks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pisces
    The question for me is who/what is God, not does he exist. Whatever the answer is all mainstream modern religions would be dissapointed to be here it.
    Could you slightly reword the last sentence? I don't understand what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Me neither.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
        By definition, if it flies and you don't know what it is, it's a UFO, so I guess lots have people have seen UFOs.

Spaceships from another planet, now that would be different.
        I saw a UFO once...

Or to be precise, c. 3500 other people did, and phoned the Bedfordshire Police about it.

Me, I looked up and thought "Oh look, a weather balloon"
        Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Early stealth fighter aircraft were produced by the USA and Soviet Union. In order to keep the sighting of flights secret the US government sponsored UFO groups so that any UFO sightings were put down to be from outer-space. The whole exercise got out of hand. The papers have been published but UFO enthusiasts ignore them and particular certain newspapers still increase their circulation by publishing UFO stories.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think he is talking about the architect or formula of nature, people think they know everything these days but it wasn't that long ago that the earth was flat and at the centre of the universe, there are many great unknowns that I doubt the human mind can comprehend, I mean can anyone seriously get their head around string theory or a multiple universe? Scientists much brighter than me theorise over these concepts and yet it goes straight over my head and I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent!
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Is that what he meant by:
              Whatever the answer is all mainstream modern religions would be dissapointed to be here it.
              I'm with you GJ. There's very little liklihood that anyone could understand all about the universe.

Have they found Higg's Bosun yet?

Comment

I didn't know Higgs was a sailor!
                Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Is that what he meant by:I'm with you GJ. There's very little liklihood that anyone could understand all about the universe.

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space. Douglas Adams, HHGTTG

Let alone whats in it... sums it up for me!
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by hattra
                    I didn't know Higgs was a sailor!
                    No he isn't, but his Bosun is!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                      Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space. Douglas Adams, HHGTTG

Let alone whats in it... sums it up for me!
                      I'm fecked when I try and imagine space literally going on forever. We used to call that mind boggling - a real concept that humans cannot model in their minds.

Comment

Working...
                      X