• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

would you buy this property

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    If a house is sinking then you could throw loads of money at it as macho as you like
    I know what you are saying but you are reflecting what most people will say when they hear it may have subsidence which is to walk away without getting the facts.

As long as it can be addressed, and this is reflected in the price, you could make a tidy profit by 'flipping' it.

Clippy in Donald Trump mode.

Comment

If it's over an old coal mine I don't think a bit of underpinning is going to do much!

Round my way the local builders and established property developers have got the estate agents sown up so they get first nod at any interesting properties that come their way, before the public are made aware of it. If they've let this one go then there's some serious issues or not much money in it to make it worthwhile.

My expertise is based on Property Ladder, so obviously I'm an expert.
      "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by churkus
        seen a mid terraced 1970's property in a block of 6 terraces. Dirt cheap, needs d/g and some plastering etc doing internally. only thing is the property on the end of the terrace, 3 doors away, is suffering some visible subsidence, cracks up the exterior walls etc, and the chap next to that house says he has some cracks internally.

estate agent swears on his mothers grave it isnt a problem since its a mid terrace. what do u think, is it worth the risk?
        Why not buy some shares. Shares don't need much maintenance. I painted mine last week, and I reckon that should be it for the next 10 years.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable

Round my way the local builders and established property developers have got the estate agents sown up so they get first nod at any interesting properties that come their way, before the public are made aware of it. If they've let this one go then there's some serious issues or not much money in it to make it worthwhile.
          I think that happens all over the UK with agents being paid off by developers or keeping stuff back for their family and friends.

Somewhere built in the 70s that is substancially moving will IMHO have problems and be very difficult to sell on. Find out what is is built on??
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
            My expertise is based on Property Ladder, so obviously I'm an expert.
            tsskk... bloody amateurs, everyone knows "Homes Under The Hammer" is the most informative property program on TV and if it all goes wrong just give Nick Knowles's a call and he'll send his DIY SOS team to sort it out free of charge.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              Why not buy some shares. Shares don't need much maintenance. I painted mine last week, and I reckon that should be it for the next 10 years.
              thats for all ye views, I think Ill give this one a miss!.

Comment

Originally posted by churkus
                thats for all ye views, I think Ill give this one a miss!.
                where is it?
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                  where is it?
                  and the postcode please

Comment

Amateurs.

Sarah Beeny would be so disappointed in you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
                      Sarah Beeny's norks would be so disappointed in you.

Comment

Working...
                      X