• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Extension ..Should I take??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oloks
    Don't think you can pay for it yourself. In my own case there has to be a case why you are applying to be SC cleared. I may be wrong, but it is usually tied to a project requirement.
    Ok could be wrong. They must really struggle to find SC people then as it takes weeks to get SC'd and you lose your SC after a couple of years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
      Ok could be wrong. They must really struggle to find SC people then as it takes weeks to get SC'd and you lose your SC after a couple of years or so.

SC is for a period of 5-10 years. You will only lose your SC after 12 months if your not in a position where you need SC. So if I left my current Govt gig for 12 months and did not go to another gig where SC is needed I would lose it after that period.

Comment

if your SC runs out then the process is a bit quicker as they only check up what you have been doing during the lapsed time. Took my colleague about 6 weeks to get the SC renewed after it lapsed for about a year

Also you might want to check with the Agency - my last lot LA international said they had a security controller who would hold it for me to stop it from lapsing. That was after I said I was going to bail at the end of the contract to find a SC role to keep it though!

Comment

Working...
        X