• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the US refuse to admit British Pakistanis without visas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyajae
    Oh, my answer to the question is anyone behaving suspiciously in an airport should be targeted.

yeah and what's more suspicious than being a paki, right?

Last edited by SallyAnne; 3 May 2007, 12:12.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae

Oh, my answer to the question is anyone behaving suspiciously in an airport should be targeted.
      Bring on Inspector Clouseau
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
        Whatever they have planned is normally done well before getting to the airport, part of the training is that they should blend with the norm and society around them.
        In any case, they might not be planning anything to happen at the airport. (May have been what you meant.)

Another issue is that not all would-be terrorists are Pakistani. Several have been african, and one or two even "indigenous" (for want of a better word) western converts like that shoe bomber and the US guy captured in Afghanistan.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          yeah and what's more suspicious than being a paki, right?

As sad as it is I don't think many people would argue that when they get on a plane they would rather there wasn't a group of Asian men with long beards on the flight with them, so does that make someone a racist?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            As sad as it is I don't think many people would argue that when they get on a plane they would rather there wasn't a group of Asian men with long beards on the flight with them, so does that make someone a racist?
            Don't be stupid, of course it doesn't.

It makes the beardist.

Free the beard man!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
              Even if they were Sikhs?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Even if they were Sikhs?
                I'd be even more worried!! (re: that festival last week where Sikh men were charging around with swords...)

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                  I'd be even more worried!! (re: that festival last week where Sikh men were charging around with swords...)

but they dont blowup

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock

...especially if your name was Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      Even if they were Sikhs?
                      No that’s different I should have phrased it better as "Asian Muslims" again it's sad that many don't know the difference.

There’s a Sikh guy here who's always celebrating a festival of some sort and it usually means he has a load of free food going at his desk.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X