• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job market...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    You are quite correct.

18 months.

Then I got a "permie" min wage job fixing fruit machine logic boards for a while.
    Ah, cheers for replying.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I do, however, have the urge to go contracting once again, but embedded C and assembler programming isn't in great demand.
      ...and leave your cushy education job - surely not?!

Comment

Total boredom?

You've never lived until you've sat all alone in a building for 6 weeks doing bugger all. (Summer vacation: academics disappear like greased lightning, the hewers of wood & drawers of water hang about for the entire time).
        Hmmm, good point.

Comment

Total boredom?

You've never lived until you've sat all alone in a building for 6 weeks doing bugger all. (Summer vacation: academics disappear like greased lightning, the hewers of wood & drawers of water hang about for the entire time).
          Having worked in that sector myself and been in that exact situation, it's amazing what skills you can pick up without any supervision or goals. I ended up figuring out how to lay cat5 and wired up some ports to student rooms.

I also found some real abandoned places. Spooky.

Comment

ok made my mind up, played the three offers against each other, got a 40% rise from the advertised rate, so it looks like I'm going to be back in Banking for a while!!!!

and I have to say, all the agents were very good, no bad reports for any of them.....
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

embedded C and assembler programming isn't in great demand
              Really? Both still used a good deal in aircraft electronics, Smiths Aerospace etc.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X