• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Utd Choked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not quite a certainty Man U will win the Premiership. Their record against Man City isn't the best.

Fergie's already complaining about it being a saturday match, wanting it to be put back a day to give the players a chance to recover. An upset is possible. Don't mean to worry you if you're a Man U fan!

Shame it's Man U and Chelsea fighting over both remaining titles. It's getting like Celtic/Rangers with the rest also rans. Except for Liverpool who seem to pull something out of the bag in Europe, even if it's down to a goalie who can save penalties. Somebody give Reina English citizenship, we could do with him in the England squad, I'm sick of us losing on pens every bleedin tournament.
    "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

"I wish Man U had bought Gattusso!"

Personally I think he is the type of player they are missing - a Keane type player who can tackle (unlike Scholes). Milan were on a different level to us last night. Their passing was something else - Everything seemed to go to feet while we were giving up the ball at every available opportunity. The worst part of this whole thing is that 2 of their goals over both legs were of our own making.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I do think Heinz may have been on a bung. Who the hell passes back from the wing towards your own goal when under pressure from the enemy, unless there's some wedge in it for you? Total madness.
        "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

You mean the same guy who ran into/was ran into by Evra in the first leg to give away the 2nd goal at Old Trafford? I thought he was one of the worst on the pitch last night and should have been taken off - if only we had a few more defenders to pick from. Hard to keep pace with the likes of Milan when your complete first choice back four is missing. Although vidic was playing last night, I doubt he was ready for those condition and that team given his 5 week lay off.

But, that said, Milan simply didn't allow us to play. Simple as that really - the better team won on the night.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
            a goalie who can save penalties
            Surely all the ones he saved should have been retaken.

I was under the impression that the keeper was not allowed to move forwards yet when he clearly did, and saved the penalty, there was no re-take.
            This seems to be a growing trend.
            Our goalies (and outfield players) don't seem to have got the hang of this cheating lark.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
            X