• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smokers Nepotism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Don't feel too hard done by. You have half of it!

Joke of the day - bravo
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
      I have discovered that there is no future in my current project because I am not a smoker. The important work is discussed among the smokers at their fag breaks, and not at the meetings. I have even resorted to having virtual fag breaks to join in the discussions but the whole of the cigarette nepotism has got out of hand. Every permie manager is now a smoker. I have worked in other places with various cliques. One was a TA clique, another a football club clique, one IT department employed on Sri Lankan tamales and another Australians.
      set fire to yourself as a protest
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Just buy a fake cigarette thingy and join the gang

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          Just buy a fake cigarette thingy and join the gang
          I could bring in a Hubble Bubble pipe with apple blossom herbs to smoke.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I started smoking because i wanted to be like James Dean
            Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
              I started smoking because i wanted to be like James Dean
              Dead, like?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

"You should take up smoking. I smoke, and it makes me look cool."

I think you'll find that should be smoking AND drinking for ultimate cool points.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X