• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

car insurance for contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car insurance for contractor

When I contract and live away from home in week days, Do I need to inform my insurance company of new residential address (the policy says any address change should be informed)?
    If yes, how do I say to insurance company if I take my car with me for contracting in europe for 3 or 6 months.
    Is there any contractor friendly insurance company?

Originally posted by topgun
    When I contract and live away from home in week days...
    Do you really? I don't. I go away from home (and away form my own office) to work at clients' sites on weekdays, taking temporary lodgings in the course of business travel, but continue to live at home.
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Indeed. You're permanent address is all they care about. Not your fault if your work means you're away from home more than you're at home!

As for abroad, just make sure you're covered for continental use and if anything happens you were on a driving holiday to wherever it is.

Why complicate things, they'll only use it as an excuse to shaft your premiums up some more.
      "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Working...
      X