• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depressing Workplace Rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Three times in 9 years contracting did I deem it necessary to tw@t a permie colleague.

Thats why I move around...

Those are the types of contracts I'd like. Cleaning, Leon style.
    "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Three times in 9 years contracting did I deem it necessary to tw@t a permie colleague.

Only 3? Surely you're underestimating. It feels like at least one a year. Out of interest, is it therapeutic? There's been a few occasions...

Comment

Depressing workplaces - I've never understood facilities / workspace management. When I'm working in my home office, I make sure of the following for my workspace:

Not too hot
        Not too cold
        Comfortable seating and environment
        As quiet as possible.
        Suitable equipment - best spec computers, etc.
        Coffee, drinks, etc. nearby

so that I am productive as possible.

Most companies seem to do the exact opposite. Why?

Comment

Working from home today. Got up about ten past nine. Worked for a few hours. Then off to the gym, lunch in the park and now back home. Work for a bit, read the paper then catch the train to London for work tomorrow.

Different world. I hope I never have to go back to office hellhole life.

Comment

Only once have a tempted!

Far more effective however was when I screamed at him to listen to other people for a change (and some choice Anglo-Saxon).

Everybody else was gobsmaked as up till then I'd put up with all kinds of cr*p without complaining once. I left the client with a better reputation than said tw*t!

Comment

Working...
            X