• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back on the job trail/bench beckoning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the job trail/bench beckoning

Gulp - looks like I am not as good as I thought...Got a few weeks left and hadn't really looked for work until yesterday. Decided to get in the game and found some roles (couple contract - more permie(stuff I do is mainly perm)) and sent my shiny new CV accordingly.
    Response has been less than enthusiastic, one agent saying not quite what we are after but will keep you in mind (went right up in my estimation for quick response (any is a blessing) and for a good and accurate explanation).
    Apart from that - tumbleweed time...
    Still - it's the summer, I am wadded from current contract so no pressure for a few months, might be time to smell the roses for a while !
    Planning to do some training to fill in a gap also.
    Good luck to all on the bench...

To look on the bright side....that'll be a cracking leaving do you're planning then? <wink wink>

I'll be expecting an update
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

How is it the summer?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
        How is it the summer?

I think he means his computer.

Comment

never fear.
          something will turn up.
          it always does

get your paperwork in order. get some training. bet the call that turns into a job comes in the middle of one of them.

Comment

Working...
          X