• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay as You Go or Tariff?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been 3 years since I paid for any mobile bills or even modile handset.

I use e2save.co.uk to buy free mobile with 12 months cashback option. After the end of contract I get all the bills paid back to me.

But then I am a cheapskate.

Comment

If you're regularly being charged extra per month check that you're not being charged for calling/texting to other networks when these days it should come out of your free minutes/texts allowance.

I've been with Orange for ages and only recently noticed this when my free minutes were hardly used (only used when calling geographic landline numbers) but I still had a bill for more than the standard monthly charge. Turns out my main friends were on Orange too but had recently changed networks and my contract didn't include cross network calls/texts in the monthly allowance. Yet another case of older customers being shafted whilst the newer ones get better deals

Found a good deal on Virgin's website with 250 free mins and texts a month for £25, 12 month contract not 18 like they all try to trap you with, and a brand spank new handset thrown in. Orange can FOAD.
      "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

[QUOTE=andy]I use e2save.co.uk to buy free mobile with 12 months cashback option. After the end of contract I get all the bills paid back to me.
        QUOTE]

Got a friend who does the same. I'd try it but having to remember to send in your statements on time otherwise you don't get the discount (which is what they're gambling on) is what would f**k me up. I'm useless at keeping to schedules, been in IT too long

Also be wary of other lesser known companies offering this. Apparently it's a scam where they either close down before you get the money back or they sign you up on a new contract that's not quite as you expected.

I think e2Save are part of the Carphone Warehouse group aren't they so should be less likely to screw you over so obviously?

[Jeez, I'm burning loads of calories today ]
        "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Thats right. I mark it in my calendar that I have to send bills back after 3 , 6 and 9 months etc. After all its a free mobile every years and £250 cash

Comment

That wouldn't work for me, I barely know what day of the week it is!

Glad to hear there are people beating them at their own game. Must be lots of mugs who failed in the quest though otherwise they'd have pulled those types of deals long ago.

Comment

Working...
            X