• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're (B or D)oomed, er not sure really!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're (B or D)oomed, er not sure really!!

http://tinyurl.com/2s5zmy

Originally posted by Clippy
    We are almost certainly (D)oomed but we may have a year or two of (B)oomed to go yet. I can't decide if letting foriegners live here tax free is a good thing or not, its unfair but I'm sure some of the dosh surrounding them is filtering down to us plebs. One things for sure their offshore accounts will be still full of money when the indebted masses start to struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
      I can't decide if letting foriegners live here tax free is a good thing or not, its unfair but I'm sure some of the dosh surrounding them is filtering down to us plebs.
      Where I live, there are a multitude of shops (supermarkets) opening targetting the Polish community.

It started off with Asian supermarkets stocking Polish foodstuffs and placing a sign in the window advertising them and has now developed into completely new supermarkets opening directly targetting the Polish community and calling themselves Polski Slep (Polish Shop).

A fair amount of the money earnt is being spent in the UK and is swimming around in the UK economy - I would be interested to learn how much though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
        Where I live, there are a multitude of shops (supermarkets) opening targetting the Polish community.

It started off with Asian supermarkets stocking Polish foodstuffs and placing a sign in the window advertising them and has now developed into completely new supermarkets opening directly targetting the Polish community and calling themselves Polski Slep (Polish Shop).

A fair amount of the money earnt is being spent in the UK and is swimming around in the UK economy - I would be interested to learn how much though.
        It's more the City boys, arabs and russians I am talking about. If you aren't UK born you can leave the bulk of your money outside the UK tax system, thats why all the billionaires are living in London. They use trusts and other dodges to buy the 20 million pound houses and basically don't pay any tax. I think quite a few of the tax dodgers are good buddies with Tony and Gordon and labour party donors so I don't expect the perk to be taken away soon. I'm sure they are also mates with the Tories !

Comment

Aye, that's true.

Phillip Green is a master of that - so is Murdoch.

Comment

Working...
          X