• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    "I want you to lay down your life, Perkins."
    "Right sir!"
    "We need a futile gesture at this stage. It will raise the whole tone of the war."
    "Yessir!"
    "Get up in a crate, Perkins."
    "Sah!"
    "Pop over to Bremen."
    "Yessir!"
    "Take a shufti."
    "Right sir!"
    "And don't come back."
    "Yessir"
    "Goodbye, Perkins. God, I wish I was going too."
    "Goodbye Sah! – Or is it au revoir?"
    "No, Perkins."

What was that from?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Even if his presence puts his men in a disproportionate amount of danger?
      That's what they signed up for as well. They're already in a disproportionate amount of danger just by being sent over there. Me, I'm not in danger from being blown up in Iraq simply because I haven't signed up for the army. These people made that choice when they signed up, there's no backing out now. No sympathy here I'm afraid. If you sign up to be cannon fodder, then you can't expect to not be treated like it.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Go.

Only problem is that if he does go and gets killed, no doubt there will be inquiries for years and years using up loads of public money - as per his mum, so on second thoughts stay.

Save a whole load of lives and money - no brainer really...
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          That's what they signed up for as well. They're already in a disproportionate amount of danger just by being sent over there.
          No Bob, disproportionate means compared with the other regiments, which will require special procedures, which could make sending him not worth while.

In any case, as I said, he is not complaining, which was the tenet of your original post.

Not that I like him much anyway. Did anyone list him in the tw@tting thread?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

What was that from?
            "Beyond the Fringe" by Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Alan Bennett and Jonathan Miller.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
              "Beyond the Fringe" by Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Alan Bennett and Jonathan Miller.
              Correct, don't you just wish they did comedy like that nowadays.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

AS long as he doesn't wear his Nazi uniform all the time I'm sure he'll be fine

Comment

Imagine if Harry went, got captured and beheaded.

If Arch Duke Ferdi caused ww1, then surely our Kraut Royal family would be pushing to nuke the whole of the Middle East.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                  X