• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self-Catering in Cornwall?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-Catering in Cornwall?

Anyone recommend a Self-Catering place in Cornwall?

It's for me the Mrs and our 6 Month old daughter, near a beach would be nice and in a 'quiet' area.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Most of Cornwall is Chav infested. Avoid Newquay.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by portseven

It's for me the Mrs and our 6 Month old daughter, near a beach would be nice and in a 'quiet' area.
      Get a caravan... you can't go wrong
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Polperro http://www.polperro.org/ is lovely, and just up the road is somewhere just as nice a bit bigger though...leu. I have a 3 and 5 year and we go every year. Lots to do sea/sand/walks/pubs/restuarants/monkey world etc.

Avoid Newquay unless you are on a stagnight

Comment

A bloke I worked with used to book the YHA family rooms and take quite a big family. Bargains compared to hotels and in good locations but you needed to book 12 months in advance to get the school hols slots.

Comment

Me and missus Rup went to a self catering cottage just outside Padstow which was v nice...got from a site called english country cottages (see google). Lovely spot, plus the Rick Stein restaurants. Avoid the RS fish and chip shop if you want to avoid food poisoning though. 5 hr drive back to london was not fun after that.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              The Lizard is fine; you may even meet some of my relatives, m'dear....
              droll, zeity, droll!!

incidentally, i was looking at some bearded dragons in our local pet shop on Sunday. can you recommend?!

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                droll, zeity, droll!!

incidentally, i was looking at some bearded dragons in our local pet shop on Sunday. can you recommend?!
                Yeah, the one called Cyril, he's a friend of mine!

Comment

St Ives
                  Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I'd say south coast is better than north coast, but that's because I grew up there. Stayed in a place near St Mawes couple of years ago. Very nice. Charlestown is a nice harbour. Mevagissey is more touristy. Carlyon Bay has a great beach.

Loads of choice basically. But avoid the big towns like Newquay, Truro, St Ives, Penzance. Too many emmets.

Comment

Working...
                    X