• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal Requirement: Company Details on Emails

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who cares if it is being policed, it costs nothing to comply and if everyone is doing it as I am noticing then you look a bit cowboy small time if you are not even following these basic rules

Milan in 'email sig and website updated' mode.

Comment

Yeah that's the governments new approach. Invent all sorts of silly rules and regs then get the public to enforce it themselves by threatening them with big scary fines because they know it's unfeasible to enforce adequately without our help.

You keep sheepwalking sonny I'm too lazy to police myself.
      "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
        Page 4.

Schedule 1 - Regulation 6.

<snip>

(4) After subsection (4) insert—
        “(5) References in this section to a document of any type are to a document of that type in hard copy, electronic or any other form.”.

Also those in the know say that any email that could be construed as a "business letter" will be included in this, and it's easier to put a blanket sig on than deciding which email is in and which is out.

Not explicitly stating email but that's it...
        Thanks Cojak.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X