• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal Requirement: Company Details on Emails

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    Ï've told you before, less of it.

If you don't know the answer, kindly try to be quiet,
    you may even learn something.

Milan.
    That'll be the fecking day!

Comment

Front page articles

Bit more info:
      Companies House: directors have new duties
      Businesses that don't declare on e-mails & websites face £1000 fines
      http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003119.html

UK firms 'flouting company law'
      Limited company owners are falling foul of Jan 1 regulations.
      http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003111.html

Comment

thanks Admins.

Say hello from the oldies to James and Brian.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor UK
          Bit more info:
          Companies House: directors have new duties
          Businesses that don't declare on e-mails & websites face £1000 fines
          http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003119.html
          Do you have an official link (Companies House, whatever) to the relevant legalese please?

I downloaded a 760 page PDF I found at the Companies House website and can only find 2 references to e-mail there, neither relevant to this subject.

Looking at the first page, it's entitled "Companies Act 2006 CHAPTER 46"

Gulp...
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

The horse's mouth...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
              Thanks. I can see websites there, but no mention of e-mail.

I'm interested in the e-mail requirements here.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Page 4.

Schedule 1 - Regulation 6.

1.—(1) Section 349(a) of the 1985 Act (company’s name to appear in its correspondence etc) is amended as follows.

(2) In subsection (1)—
                (a) in paragraph (a), after “business letters” insert “and order forms”;
                (b) after paragraph (b) insert—
                “(ba) on all its websites,”.

(3) In subsection (3)—
                (a) in paragraph (a), after “business letter” insert “or order form”;
                (b) omit the “or” at the end of that paragraph;
                (c) after that paragraph insert—
                “(aa) causes or authorises the appearance of a website of the company on which the company’s name is not so mentioned, or”.

(4) After subsection (4) insert—
                “(5) References in this section to a document of any type are to a document of that type in hard copy, electronic or any other form.”.

Also those in the know say that any email that could be construed as a "business letter" will be included in this, and it's easier to put a blanket sig on than deciding which email is in and which is out.

Not explicitly stating email but that's it...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I was under the impression that if you had a link to your website, and your website had the relevant required information your were fine...

I may be wrong though

Comment

Who's actually policing this and how effective are they likely to be?

Laws are useless unless they're enforced. I don't think I have to worry about the SAS kicking my door in because I've neglected some of these details on my website and emails.
                    "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Exactly how they will enforce this law.
                      Check every email from your company ?

Comment

Working...
                      X