• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Profit Margins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    For a reasonably good account manager then yes, for a resourcer it will be considerably less. For a high flyer (and there are not many of those) then £100 k plus.
    How is a high flyer defined in your industry? Is it the agent that deals with more senior people or the ones who places the max quantity of bods?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      I counter that the contractor model is the most effective and efficient way to employ someone, but some of you commit gross hypocrisy when you start whining about your lot.
      I wasn't whining - I just think that the margin should be clear to the client as he wants someone working at a reasonable rate that is not looking to jump out of the window at the next opportunity, neither the contractor would be happy to be sent back home just because the agent is charging 50%. It might be fine for both but at least they do know what they are up to. That's the way it works for permanent jobs, doesn't it? It should be applied to contracts too. And perhaps would make the EB sector more competitive, rather than in the hands of a few oligarchies like now, don't you think?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        I wasn't whining - I just think that the margin should be clear to the client as he wants someone working at a reasonable rate that is not looking to jump out of the window at the next opportunity, neither the contractor would be happy to be sent back home just because the agent is charging 50%. It might be fine for both but at least they do know what they are up to. That's the way it works for permanent jobs, doesn't it? It should be applied to contracts too. And perhaps would make the EB sector more competitive, rather than in the hands of a few oligarchies like now, don't you think?

Put like that it is a reasonable argument, I am just deeply suspicious of politicians motivation with regards to setting legislation.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I see nothing wrong in exploting the stupid.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Back on subject...

SSS recently published their annual report for the period ending 30/11/2006 http://www.sthree.com/Report_Accounts2006.pdf

If I read it correctly:

> Overall gross margin: GBP 135.5m (34.5%)

> Profit on contractors: GBP 69.7m (21.3% gross margin)

> Average gross income per contractor/day: GBP 64.91

> Average permanent placement fee: GBP 8,563

This suggests the average SSS contractor is billed out at GBP 304.74 which is rather lower than I expected.

Padinka
            I'm not so think as you drunk I am...

Comment

Working...
            X