• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air conditioning the Tube?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy
    flood the tunnels with water and airtight the trains
    that should make it cool
    now my 100k
    Thousands drown after helpdesk call logger come mechanical engineer makes the tubes airtight instead of watertight with his 'revolutionary' idea of air conditioning the underground.
    Last edited by XTC; 20 April 2007, 08:59.

Comment

If you air-condition the trains, you will transfer the heat to the tunnel thereby making the air-conditioning work harder, thereby making the tunnel hotter etc etc.

This looks handy...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Very tall ventilation shafts with a turbine at the top.

Hot air rises, cold air is sucked in below.
        Dont forget the "syrup" catchers... pretty draughty...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
          If you air-condition the trains, you will transfer the heat to the tunnel thereby making the air-conditioning work harder, thereby making the tunnel hotter etc etc.

This looks handy...
          I got to "South Bank" and started laughing, sorry.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

They should hand out ice cubes....that'd sort you. Mind you, I can't identify with the problem as my current commute is less than 3 miles...I got stuck in traffic the other day...it took me 10 minutes to get to work

Comment

Working...
            X