• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USD Account ($2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    Ah, was it Mr Schwartz' little boy, György?
    The family have used the anglicised spellings for years, I guess you mean the youngest, Gregory? Well he's actually quite a bit younger than me. Close but no cigar.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
      In that case can you let us know what are the other ways?
      Cater Allen are giving an exchange rate of 1.998415 and an interest rate of 4.13% (>$10K) or 4.59% (>$25K). Doesn't sound too bad to me.
      This is not advice (I have to say that for legal reasons).

Look at DailyFX which is a front for FXCM. There are many, many others.

When I last looked their quote was 2.0110-2.0115 that's a bit better than 1.9984 don't you think?
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        The family have used the anglicised spellings for years, I guess you mean the youngest, Gregory? Well he's actually quite a bit younger than me. Close but no cigar.
        Nope, I meant Mr George Soros. Formerly known as György Schwartz. He's been known to make a few quid on the old currency markets...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Nope, I meant Mr George Soros. Formerly known as György Schwartz. He's been known to make a few quid on the old currency markets...
          I thought that's who you meant, but he is quite a bit older than me, so thought you meant his youngest, Gregory., who is a bit younger than me.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
            This is not advice (I have to say that for legal reasons).

Look at DailyFX which is a front for FXCM. There are many, many others.

When I last looked their quote was 2.0110-2.0115 that's a bit better than 1.9984 don't you think?
            once the exchange has been done and the $ amount deposited into the A/C does it attract an interest rate.

Comment

Now that the USD/GBP has gone over $2 (me love you long time) is this now an oppotunity to make some dosh. Anyone know the best way of doing this. Was thinking of opening a $ Account.
              Any other ideas?
              Spread betting?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                There's no denying that it is better, but.....

1.26 Cents per £1, well i guess it would add up if you were exchanging 100K's...

or maybe I'm just not cut out for currency speculation.

Comment

The holy grail would be to find three or more currencies that when exchanged between (e.g. GBP->Eur->USD->GBP and so on) would cause your initial investment to keep escalating. Then you find some automated exchange service and literally make money whilst you sleep.

Alas, like the holy grail it's probably just a fantasy but we humans love the idea of getting money for nothing. We're such lazy bar studs.
                  "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

once the exchange has been done and the $ amount deposited into the A/C does it attract an interest rate.
                    Dont worry about interest. With 100:1 margin, you only need 5K pounds which can be converted to upto $1 million dollars.

The rest of your money can stay safely at home in your savings account earning interest.

Comment

....no no no no

If you want to bet on USD you don't just put it in dollars and stick it under a Texan mattress, you put in in a USD money markets and bonds that gives you 5-8% interest rate plus the FX rate. Two more possibilities are US Equities, or simply an FX fund. FX rate moves even big ones don't give you much compared to Equities. I mean yes, over 10-20 years it looks good, but year on year its pretty crap.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X