• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do agents become aggressive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime that you're near?
    Because I'm hung like a pigeon?

Threaded.

Comment

In my experience just turning down an offer doesn't cause a lot of problem.

After accepting an offer (verbally or otherwise) when someone turns it down (most often for a better contract) things turn nasty. I can see why the agent will become aggresive in this situation. May be bonus plays a part. But I think its the agent-client relationship that _MAY_ get damaged in this situation, or cause embarassment.

Comment

Only happened to me once, but the agent went ballistic. I told her I wasn't taking the job directly after the interview. They'd sounded a bit dodgy and when I'd asked some really basic questions about their infrastructure they couldn't answer and further couldn't tell me why they didn't know.

I argued for about 10 minutes and then the conversation ended. Next thing I knew she'd got the client to ring me direct, she'd told them there were a few more questions I wanted to ask! She was like a one-man-band agent and I guess she was racked off that her cut had gone west.

Anyway, while we're on it, why DO stars fall down from the sky?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBJ
          Anyway, while we're on it, why DO stars fall down from the sky?
          That'll be fooking Global Warming. Everything else gets put down to that these days, just ask sasguru( if you have a spare hour and are having trouble sleeping!!)
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            I have never been aggressive when turned down by a contractor. I have killed a few who have accepted and then turned it down, especially the ones that put their change down to "a death in the family" (the most frequently used excuse)
            What would be a plausible reason then? (Just for reference)

Comment

"Just like me they long to be close to you"

When they buried her, did they bother to use a coffin and dig a hole, or did they just sack it and drive her in like you do with a fence post?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I turned down one contract - when I recieved the paperwork from the agency and it was all "New employee " this and "Pre-employment questionaire" and about 12 other employee related documents - not a contract (even a badly written one) in sight!, although they insisted I was a contractor. The force she put the phone down when I told her I wasn't doing it could be felt 30 miles away
                Agency is now on my blacklist

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
                  What would be a plausible reason then? (Just for reference)
                  If there are no contract signatures then who needs a reason. Might not be nice, but, as suralun says - business is business...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                  X