• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reincarnation; Tosh or Credible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be one of Pol Pot's henchmen... now I work in IT, whatever did I do wrong to derserve this
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Worse still - what if you came back as an agent.

I am sorry - I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Comment

KY

if your karma is bad you can allways become a politician to fulfil your fantasy, you might have to swap Golf for croquet.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Two priests died at the same time and met Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates.

'St. Peter said, "I'd like to get you guys in now, but our computer is down. You'll have to go back to Earth for about a week, but you can't go back as priests. So what else would you like to be?"

The first priest says, "I've always wanted to be an eagle, soaring above the Rocky Mountains." "So be it," says St. Peter, and off flies the first priest.

The second priest mulls this over for a moment and asks, "Will any of this week 'count', St. Peter ?"
          "No, I told you the computer's down. There's no way we can keep track of what you're doing."

"In that case," says the second priest, "I've always wanted to be a stud."
          "So be it" says St. Peter, and the second priest disappears.

A week goes by, the computer is fixed, and the Lord tells St. Peter to recall the two priests.

"Will you have any trouble locating them?" He asks.

"The first one should be easy," says St. Peter. "He's somewhere over the Rockies, flying with the eagles.

But the second one could prove to be more difficult."
          "Why?" asketh the Lord.

"He's on a snow tire, somewhere in North Dakota."
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Both of the two after death options - eternity or annihilation - I find equally terrifying.

Comment

Dont' worry, it's all a dream. You'll wake up soon with god knows what doing god knows what to god knows where, somewhere. Have a happy easter in the meantime
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Energy can not be created or destroyed, only transfered.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
                  Energy can not be created or destroyed, only transfered.
                  I don't believe in your first law of thermodynamics.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

In Other Words ...

This argument assumes the fact that we were born - but is this the case -Buddhism brings to our atttention the Unborn - the incalculable and the infinite - which cannot be represented by a finite instrument such as language - altough meta-languages such as poetry can point to the realms of the Infinite.

So from the Buddhist perspective - you cannot Die - because YOU were never 'born' - in other words the Ego is in fact a hoax -an illusion.

In other words - I am here as you are here as you are me and we are all together.

Or in other words - Fly me to the moon

And let me play among the stars
                    Let me see what spring is like

On Jupiter and Mars

In other words - hold my hand
                    In other words - darling kiss me

Fill my life with song
                    And let me sing forevermore

You - are all I hope for
                    All I worship and adore
                    In other words - please be true

In other words- I love you
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 April 2007, 12:48.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                      This argument assumes the fact that we were born - but is this the case -Buddhism brings to our atttention the Unborn - the incalculable and the infinite - which cannot be represented by a finite instrument such as language - altough meta-languages such as poetry can point to the realms of the Infinite.

So from the Buddhist perspective - you cannot Die - because YOU were never 'born' - in other words the Ego is in fact a hoax -an illusion.

In other words - I am here as you are here as you are me and we are all together.

Or in other words - Fly me to the moon

And let me play among the stars
                      Let me see what spring is like

On Jupiter and Mars

In other words - hold my hand
                      In other words - darling kiss me

Fill my life with song
                      And let me sing forevermore

You - are all I hope for
                      All I worship and adore
                      In other words - please be true

In other words- I love you

I'm getting seriously concerned about the state of your mental health, Pruffock

Comment

Working...
                      X