• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance...lead time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Not as much fun.
    If we were doing the easy and sensible thing you would have googled up the DVA web site, or done a search on these forums and found the answer before asking a stupid ******* question!
    You've got far too much time on your hands...

Comment

Originally posted by mictech
      If we could, we would and charge to our companies, but you can't.

Otherwise everyone would have it and it would be worthless.
      If we could I wouldn't be sat on the bench watching programmes 20 minutes from home that I helped set up go to ratchet because I can't get a job with them to sort it out because my clearance lapsed and none of the agencies will put you forward without it
      (and ignore the "willing to undergo" nonsense, they're lying).
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by opc
        Does anyone have any recent experience of how long it's taking to get security clearance?

Mine has been in for 6 weeks and I've started my contract on some unclassified stuff for now. I have heard worrying rumours of 16 weeks, from two different sources.

Also should I expect it to be any quicker if I have been fully cleared before and circumstances haven't changed since then?

Hoping for some reassurance but give it to me straight!
        My SC took six months to come back.

Left the site a week later....
        Cats are evil.

Comment

My original SC, when I joined the forces, (back in '97), took about 16 weeks. I have not let it lapse so not sure what the timescale would be now. I know it took 2 days to swap over the handling of my SC though.

Comment

Working...
          X